function arguments

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Wed Sep 15 17:54:37 EDT 2004

Paul has explanation (see his response), but I
wanted to expand a little.

def foo(*args, **kwargs):
    for arg in args:
        print arg
    for key, value in kwargs.items():
        print key, value
    return

>>> foo('a','b',x=1,y=2)
y 2
x 1

or

def foo(list_of_args, **kwargs):
    #
    # Now call function with args as individual arguments
    # and keyword arguments as individual keyword
    # arguments also.
    #
    call_other_function(*list_of_args, **kwargs)
    return

Hope this helps,
Larry Bates

news:I43MHJ.66G at news.boeing.com...