PIL - setting the width of lines in ImageDraw

Erik Heneryd erik at heneryd.com
Tue Sep 14 05:49:46 EDT 2004

Max M wrote:
> Erik Heneryd wrote:
>
>> Larry Bates wrote:
>>
>>> There's nothing wrong with "slanted" rectangles.
>>> In PIL you just define upper left and lower right
>>> coordinates of the rectangle in pixels.  That's
>>> what a thick line would do anyway.
>>

>> Really?  Didn't know that.  Please show me how.
>

> The problem is that you have to calculate the rectangles corner
> positions yourself. Which make it a bit less trivial than drawing lines.
>
> If you want a fat line from ((0,0),(10,10)) you would need to calculate
> where the corners should be yourself.

Reason I was (sarcastically) asking about how was because Larry implied
it could be done easily using "drawrectangle", as opposed to calculating
the corners yourself and using polygon.

And ofcourse - just drawing thick lines isn't enough to do thick lined
polygons, you also have to deal with joining them.

Erik