Ranting about the state of Python IDEs for Windows

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Sep 14 16:17:11 EDT 2004

Rob McCrea wrote:

> Thomas Heller wrote:
>> If you work on Windows, you should really, really, really upgrade to
>> win2k, at least - even if it costs some performance on your machine.
>>
>> You can even *use* the 'dos-box' then ;-).
>
> In my not-at-all-humble-but-very-honest opinion, that's the worst
> suggestion I've heard in this topic.

As Thomas is, I'm very curious why you would say that.  And
I wonder if you would say that if you replaced 2K with XP,
or whether you are just against anyone switching from 98
to something better *if they have to work with Windows*
as Thomas clearly qualified the point.

For the record, switching from 98 to XP has been an incredibly
helpful upgrade in my own case, and I can't think why you
would make the comment you made.

-Peter