PyYaml?

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Wed Sep 22 13:27:06 EDT 2004

Clark C. Evans wrote:

>   - YAML was created for human reading / authoring.  We have spent
>     an enormous amount of time working with real use cases of data
>     to find a very clean expression of structured data.   If you
>     like Python's use of whitespace to show structure, you will

IMHO you are already too focused on some specific use cases (invoices etc)
and you'll do probably better if you'd move your entire effort
to that direction.

What you are proposing, whitespace as a markup is not nearly as readable
as XML when the dependancy tree gets more complicated. Just because
whitespace indentation work for programming it does not mean
it works for data too.

Istvan.