Electronic voting feasibility

Greg Steffensen greg.steffensen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:48:39 EDT 2004

My goal is to write an easy-to-use, python based system to allow small
organizations to conduct online elections using sound cryptography.
There won't be anything substantial at stake in campus elections, of
course; I'm using them just as a means to prototype.  I'd really just
like to release a working product that others can attack, so that the
general quality of open-source voting code rises, increasing the
chances that governments will, someday, have an open-source alternative
to Diebold, which I think would be a fundamentally good thing.

Glad to hear that python is less susceptible to buffer-overflows; if
part of the system ended up touching the disk, would python's speed
make it susceptible to race conditions?

Greg Steffensen