New python project: Security Advisor

Wayne Pierce wayne at mishre.com
Fri Sep 17 15:31:39 EDT 2004

Just a quick note that after many re-writes and delays I have finally
released some code for my Security Advisor project.  The goal of
Security Advisor is to create a white-box security auditing framework
written in Python.  This is the first public release and includes the
scanning portion (scan.py) and a few sample scans (scans.zip).

For now the scans.zip file only contains Windows specific scans, I
accidentially erased all of the Linux scans earlier and need to reload
then from backup.  The web site is http://sad.sf.net and a group has
been created at http://groups-beta.google.com/group/securityadvisor/
for support and discussion.

There are still gaps on the website, however the code is documented and
the tutorial link explains how to creat a scan.  This version is
limited to scanning the local host and does not analyze any of the
returned information.

Wayne