Tuple question

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Sat Sep 4 07:49:05 EDT 2004

"Donn Cave" <donn at drizzle.com> wrote in message
news:1094268184.524370 at yasure...
> Quoth "Arthur" <ajsiegel at optonline.com>:
> | ... In a dynamic app, append and
> | ordered access solves a set of problems that may or may not be
reasonablely
> | conceptualized as related to homogeneity. So any attempt to describe
> | anything about lists vs. tuples in terms of its data content always in
the
> | end seems unnecessarily reductionist, IMO - if that's the right word.
>
> Say, have we been here before?

Have we? ;)

>Remember, it really isn't about the
> data content considered separately, rather the synthesis of structure
> and data.

Yes.  I slipped. Continuing to discuss the issue in terms of homogenuity ane
hetereogenuity (in any sense) seems unnecessarily reductionist, IMO - if
that's the right word.

That Guido conceptualizes in some hard to define way related to these
concepts may in fact explain why things are as they are..

And I guess some of the questions that lead into to these discussions are
more of the "why are things as they are", rahter than anything related to
the practical use of lists and tuples.  And in the contgext of the question
of "why things are as they are" it is hard to avoid discussion of
homogenuity and hetereogenuity - which is really mostly an attempt to psyche
out Guido's reasoning.

I guess I don't do PEPs, becuase I am a humble user - more interested in
picking things up once they are, and as they are - and accomplishing what I
need to accomplish

I certainly *don't* think the concepts of homogenuity and hetereogenuity
help a twit.

A clue about perfromance issues arounds tuples vs. lists is *much* more
interesting to me - for example.

Even a 20%-er.

Art