Postgresql - Preferred Python Library

Harald Massa cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com
Sun Sep 12 03:42:09 EDT 2004

> I've just started experimenting with psycopg2
> (http://wiki.initd.org/Projects/PsycopgTwo) and it's looking good.

Matt,

on my research of Python connectors to postgresql I also saw psycopg. I had
to stop further testing because no win32 binaries were available.

My knowledge grew since then, and meanwhile I was able to compile pyPgSQL
myself using the instructions and MingW32.

I was not able to compile psycopg2 with MingW32. I assume you use it
outside windows, or do you have any binaries for Win32 and psycopg? The
type issue sounds promising, would like to test it ..

Harald