open and shut case

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun Sep 12 09:36:52 EDT 2004

"Elaine Jackson" <elainejackson7355 at home.com> writes:

> Can python close a web-browser window it opened itself? The window in question
> will be displaying a webpage that resides on the local computer, which is
> running Windows 98. Knowing a way to do this would really help me out.

There are quite a few examples of automating IE with COM lying around
on Google and Google Groups if you know what to look for.
Unfortunately, COM is be rather obscure in many ways.

terms: IE, MSIE, Internet Explorer, COM, pywin32, win32all, ctypes

The win32 mailing list (whose name I forget -- sorry!) is a good
source.

PS. these days, your subject line sounds distinctly spammish
(especially since it's a woman posting the message to a
comp. newsgroup -- how likely can that be? ;-)

John