Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net

Michael Geary Mike at Geary.com
Thu Sep 2 14:25:25 EDT 2004

Martin DeMello" <martindemello at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Whch is sad, because javascript is actually a much nicer
> language than the 'java' part of its name would suggest :)

Indeed, JavaScript has much more in common with languages like Python and
Ruby than it does with Java.

But even the supposed experts get this wrong. I was at a talk that Danny
Goodman gave on scripting languages, and one of his slides said "JavaScript
is Java without the gnarly bits."

I've never heard a more profound misunderstanding of JavaScript. <sigh>

-Mike