Anyone know anything named DX? (was Re: Announcing PyCs)

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 08:14:34 EDT 2004

There are professional tools that go much farther than this -- they
not only generate words, but also check:

a) if the word has no offensive meaning on several languages (yes, it
happens, and one has to be really careful);
b) if the word is pronounceable for native speakers of different languages.

It could potentially also check if the word was registered, but I
don't know if they have done that still (it would need access to
trademark databases that probably is not widely available).

I once read a report from Gillete regarding the branding strategy used
for its Mach product. They used this type of service to generate three
good options for a worldwide brand, and selected Mach. I don't
remember the other options but they were quite good sounding too.