python ides

Chris S. chrisks at NOSPAM.udel.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:36:00 EDT 2004

kevin wrote:

> just try it, =)
>
>   http://wingware.com/downloads

Aside from being proprietary, how is WingIDE different from SPE
(spe.pycs.net)?

 > full callback tip

SPE's got that.

 > autocompletion support

SPE's got that.

 > if the ide doesnt know what type is the object(cause of dinamic
typing),you
 > can still use code assist, for example :
 >
 >  def myfunction(unknowntype):
 >
 >     unknowntype.  ????
 >
 > and you know that unknowntype is a Cookie instance, then type ' Cookie. '
 > and you will get the assistance

What?

 > complete code-object browser

SPE's got that.

 > and finaly ,a super complete debuger , with support for plone/zope ,
 > wxwindows and a lot of advanced options.

I'll give you this one, this I don't think SPE has a traditional
"debugger". Although to be fair, I've never needed one for Python.

SPE also integrates with WxGlade and Blender for Gui design and 3D design.