Completely INNOCENT Indentation question

valued customer scooterm at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:18:11 EDT 2004

> 2.  Write a preprocessor (in python) that you supply with your program as
> a command-line argument

As a routine user of similar 'preprocessor tricks' to coerce other,
more klunky languages into behaving nicely, that's a great
suggestion, seems like an obvious solution (in hindsight).

> Python makes me very lazy.  Writing a report in LaTeX today, it was
> actually easier for me to make up a syntax for tagging math symbols

With all the emphasis on "extensibility" these days, it seems the best
mechanism for extensibility is the unsung hero ... code comments ...
You can do things the original designers never anticipated.