FTP anomaly

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Thu Oct 28 12:13:28 EDT 2004

[hecull at gmail.com]

#- I'm trying to automate some things at work and something I
#- do a lot if
#- FTP some files back and forth.  I've got this all done in python just
#- fine, but I noticed a huge difference in file sizes.  One particular
#- binary file comes over at roughly two megs when I transfer it via ftp
#- from the command line (running XP.)  When I get it via my python
#- script, it's nine megs!  Any clue why?  I haven't tried
#- using the file
#- in my work because I don't want to break anything.

What's the size of the original file?

The same happens if you transfer a 500KB file? 100KB? 10KB? 100B?

What are the differences between the files? (better to start here with the
100B one, ;).

.	Facundo