New to Python: Features

Richard Blackwood richardblackwood at cloudthunder.com
Tue Oct 5 22:34:00 EDT 2004

Peter L Hansen wrote:

> Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
>
>> Kids. You should try it. When they come to you with a list of 45+
>> questions about the meaning of life, the universe and everything, then
>> you may be able to understand how did _we_ feel. :-)
>>
>> <SNIP>
>

> Suffice to say that rather than be delighted, Richard would
> be appalled at the sheer lack of functioning gray matter that
> his non-existent kids were demonstrating, and he'd be back
> here the next day asking us where he could find a good lawyer...
> to disown them!
>
> (As he points out in his reply, it is a quite different case.)
>
> -Peter

Depends on how old they are.  I may very well be amazed and pleased that
they would be so curious, put the effort into compiling such a list, and
bold enough to ask me.  Again, I wouldn't discourage them and I would do
everything I could to help them.  But still, this is a different case as
you guys are not my parents, etc.

P.S.   I would be amused by the first part "paying particular attention
to proper English usage and formatting"  *chuckles*