ConfigParser shootout, preliminary entry

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 14:19:31 EDT 2004

Steven Bethard <steven.bethard <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Well said!  This is exactly what I was thinking while I read through this
> thread.  I imagine to classes would be provided: ConfigParser, which basically
> just reads an INI file and yields (key, value) pairs by section, and
> ConfigObject, which uses a ConfigParser to read the INI file and then converts
> this to attribute-style access.

Oh, I also wanted to mention that I *really* liked the idea on python-dev that
ConfigObject might be configurable in the same way as OptionParser:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-October/049597.html

I know a lot of the time I want to allow options to be specified in both the
configuration file and at the command line.

Steve