almost Flyton?

Ksenia Marasanova ksenia at ksenia.nl
Sun Oct 24 07:48:22 EDT 2004

Laszlo went Open Source:  http://openlaszlo.com/

 From the description:
"""
LZX is an XML and JavaScript description language similar in spirit to
XUL and XAML. LZX enables a declarative, text-based development process
that supports rapid prototyping and software development best
practices."""

The presentation server works on "J2EE application server or Java
servlet"...
But it may become optional in a few months!

 From http://www.davidtemkin.com/:
"""
With Laszlo's new business model built on top of an open-source
platform, we are now in a position to make the presentation server an
optional component of a Laszlo deployment. Sometime over the next few
months, we'll release a build that allows you to compile LZX files on a
developer's machine, and post the resulting SWF to a Web server. The
SWF in the browser will communicate with XML and media sources
directly, with no intervening presentation (proxy) server. For many
Laszlo applications, this will mean no need to install Java on the
server, no need to deal with new servlets or test presentation server
scalability."""

Now we only need a Python library to generate LZX... and Flython is
born? ;-)

Ksenia.