Question mark in variable and function names

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Oct 8 09:18:08 EDT 2004

Dan Christensen  <jdc at uwo.ca> wrote:
>If python only allowed ! and ? at the end of identifiers, then !uname
>would be fine, and ?x could be used in place of x?

It seems to me that allowing them in the same places in an
identifier as a digit would lead to the least proliferation
of different cases (and be easier on the lexer).

>But the problem mentioned in other post with code like x!=0 is more
>serious.

Knew there was a good reason for using <> instead of != (-6

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"