metaclass and customization with parameters

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 18:41:04 EDT 2004

Carlos Ribeiro <carribeiro at gmail.com> wrote:
Mostly interesting comments, snipped but hopefully useful to clear up
some confusions from readers, but one I need to comment on...:

> languages. That happens because def's are not executed at this time -
> def's are only compiled. But any code inside a class definition that

Each def statement IS indeed executed; I think what you mean to say is
that a def statement does not execute the body of the function it's
defining, it just stashes that body away (in a compiled form) for future
execution (each time that function is called).

Alex