DISLIN or gnuplot.py

chain_lube at hotmail.com chain_lube at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 04:59:29 EDT 2004

Richard <none at pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.10.10.20.50.39.807116 at pacbell.net>...
> I am going to need to plot some data and formula results from Python.  A
> few years ago I used gnuplot (not from Python) and was wondering which
> Python plotting module I should use (learn)?
>
> I have seen DISLIN mentioned on "onlamp.com" and see that gnuplot has a
> python module wrapper.
>
> Any suggestions on Python plotting modules? (DISLIN or gnuplot.py or ????)

You should use the tool you prefer.

Personally I would use DISLIN over gnuplot any time. Heck, I would
(and I do) use Scheme (my DISLIN binding to Bigloo) over Python any
time.

You did not unveil in which circumstances you are going to use you
plots. If it is important for you: I use my created plots under
Bigloo/DISLIN in my papers for publication.

Fensterbrett