Python Newbie

Gerhard Haering gh at ghaering.de
Tue Oct 19 05:44:07 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:20:02AM +0100, abhay wrote:
> I am confused between learning Python or learning Perl. Please any view,
> opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

Both can be incredibly useful tools for you, with which you can solve
problems much faster than with the heavyweight languages/environments
that are hyped with the Enterprise(tm) label *cough*

I believe that if Python or Perl is right for you, depends on your way
of thinking. For some people, Perl fits their mind better. But for
those that are not Python is getting them to where they want faster,
and with less headaches ;-)

I'd recommend you first download the Python interpreter, and grab a
tutorial (http://python.org/doc/Intros.html is a good starting point)
and play around with it. You'll see soon enough if you like it.

gl & hf

-- Gerhard