C API eqivalent of object.__new__

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 05:59:03 EDT 2004

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote:
> > "Make it work, make it right, make it fast", as Kent Beck says!-).
>
> I've been quoting (a variation on) this to all and sundry, and
> attributing it to KB for a few years now, but I've completely
> forgotten where I came across it. Do you know its origin ?

Yes, I asked Kent (I wanted to make sure I attributed it properly in my
book!) for the right wording and origin: the right (original) wording is
exactly as above, and Kent says that he's heard this motto throughout
his childhood from his father, an engineer (I dunno in which field, it
seemed to me that ``as Kent Beck often writes, quoting his father, ...''
is an excellent attribution, so I didn't check further;-).

Alex