Python Macros

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 11:22:34 EDT 2004

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote in message news:<tyfsm8td503.fsf at pcepsft001.cern.ch>...
> _Most_ object-oriented languages support object orientation via the
> message passing paradigm. Python included.

In my mind I have the equation "message passing = single dispatching"
as opposed to multiple dispatching (generic functions). IOW, it seems
to me that all OOP systems based on single dispatching are more or less
the same and it is just a matter of terminology ("passing a message to
an object" = "calling a method of an object").
Am I right in this simplification? Or the terms has a much more
precise meaning? Just for my personal edification,

    Michele Simionato