Order in metaclass

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:27:19 EDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:41:03 -0400, Nicolas Fleury
<nid_oizo at yahoo.com_remove_the_> wrote:
> Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> > I don't think you're crazy. OTOH, defining 'ordering' is difficult. Is
> > it the alphabethical ordering, or is it the ordering of insertion?
>
> Insertion.  The point is that *there is* an order in the code.

In this case, yes. But I meant to say that a ordereddict would need to
make a choice here. Either way, our particular need doesn't seem to be
common enough to warrant such a patch.

BTW, I'm curious about why are doing it yourself. In my particular
case, I'm interested in declarative idioms for templating code: data
entry forms, configuration files, and similar stuff. I also think
that, whatever you're looking after, we could share some code and
experiences, and perhaps bundle it all into a single library. What do
you think of it?

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos