gettext support for Linux and Windows

Daniele daniele at NOSPAM.org
Thu Oct 14 18:06:15 EDT 2004

Thomas Guettler wrote:

> [cut]
> You can put print statements into gettext.py to find out what is
> going on.

[cut]

On windows, python (latest stable version) I run a script with the following
code statement for gettext:

import gettext

gettext.bindtextdomain('myapp','.\locale')
gettext.textdomain('myapp')

Where I run my script is there a directory "locale" with inside subdirs like
"en" "it_IT" and many more. Under "it_IT" is there a "LC_MESSAGES" and the
relative myapp.mo file. Under Linux the same code run well.. under windows
no: what'z up? I used too the abs path to the dir but nothing change. Any
kind of env variable? I don't know.. and I can't find anything related on
Web.

--
Daniele