GPL and Python modules.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 25 17:20:18 EDT 2004

On 2004-10-25, Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net> wrote:

>>  Customer want's help with B.
>>
>> Sales is _not_ going to let you tell Customer that you don't
>> provide support for B.
>
> You *do* provide support for B.  Just not *free* support.  Win-win ;)

We tried that.  We even set up a system to take credit-card
numbers over the phone.  It never got used.

> Somehow I find your company sales department's failure to
> abide by your own company's written agreements to be a
> somewhat less than convincing argument against open source
> <wink>.

I'm not arguing agains open source.  I'm arguing against the
statement that releasing source code doesn't cost anything.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  PEGGY FLEMING is
                                  at               stealing BASKET BALLS to