speed up mp3

Ivo Woltring TheDolphin at ivonet.nl
Tue Oct 26 18:23:50 EDT 2004

Dmitry wrote:

> You cannot directly play sound at the sample rate you want. Soundcards
supports only fixed sample rates.
> Here is the example that works with resampler:
> ( from aplayer.py )
> -------
>       print 'Opening sound with %d channels -> %s' % ( r.channels, snds[
card ][ 'name' ] )
>       snd= sound.Output( int(r.sample_rate*1.5), r.channels,
sound.AFMT_S16_LE, card )

on the contrary
If you look at my adjusted sample of aplayer.py you will see that I mutiply
the r.sample_rate and with me it works just fine for playback. not for
resampling though.

Ivo.

> Unfortunately there is a bug in current resample() which makes holes in
the sound. I have fixed that and it will be in release 1.2.3.0 next week.
> Dmitry/

That's great