very small python smtpish send

Brad Tilley bradtilley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:37:24 EDT 2004

Anyone know of a small Python script that acts as a slimmed down smtp
server (just sends from the local machine)? I currently use a smtp
server for sending email reports from machines, but as machines travel
outside of our lan, the smtp server refuses to relay their messages. So,
I thought it would be better if each machine had its own little mail
sender this way, it could continue reporting no matter where it was located.

These are all Windows machines... is there a Windows equivalent to
'stdin | mail -s "Subject" email at email.com' that comes on most Unix
machines?