Is there a "Large Scale Python Software Design" ?

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 20 02:12:12 EDT 2004

Andrea Griffini wrote:
> One of the parts that is going to be replaced by the new
> project is currently about 130K lines of C and is indeed
> being maintained by a single programmer.

I've been on one such project (hence one of my examples
was from experience).

> the maintainer replies
> with "I do not remember" or "no idea, let's see", and
> this even about parts developed by him).

I realized I had learned to expect maintainance programming
when a year or so later I had to go back to some old
code.  I didn't know what was going on at a certain
spot, looked up a few lines, and saw the comment I had
written explaining the tricky spot.  I thought it was
very nice of the past me to help out then present me.  :)

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com