[ANN] Boo 0.4.3 - python-like language for .NET/Mono

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Oct 14 05:28:34 EDT 2004

Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.4899.1097694762.5135.python-list at python.org>...

> Um, despite my criticism of Istvan for jumping on an innocent
> announcement, he does have a point (even if he presented it a bit
> harshly): this is a Python list, not a Boo list.  A lot of people here
> may or may not be interested in Boo, just as they are with Ruby,
> Haskell, Lisp, et al, but that doesn't make it an appropriate place to
> seek technical support on any of those things.  They have, or can start,
> their own groups.

Indeed that could have been the reason for the skepticism/hostility.
For a good while, comp.lang.python was stuffed full of commentary and
discussion about a language which now seems to be "off the twig",
although I imagine that Prothon could well be an interesting starting
point for experimentation with free threading and other Python 3000
proposals/wishes/desires.

Paul