I'm a fool, where's the documentation

gibber gbofspam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 21:08:13 EDT 2004

Ok, so I'm new to Python, so I'm clearly missing something, but where
is the documentation?  For example, take xml.dom.pulldown.  I've found
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-xml.dom.pulldom.html and
its sister http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/domeventstream-objects.html,
but is that really it?  help(xml.dom.pulldom) and dir(xml.dom.pulldom)
aren't too forthcoming either.  Sure they list the classes and
methods, but what use is a method if you don't know the return type,
if indeed there is one.  Example uses will go a long way to preserving
my hair too.

Somebody please enlighten me, Its not just pulldom, I get problems
with most libraries, so it has to be me that's STFW but managed to
miss the bits I need.  Please, put this idiot out of his misery.