Yet more SMTP

LutherRevisited lutherrevisited at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 18:24:53 EDT 2004

To all who have helped me out on this, thanks.  I have finally come to the root
of my rerouted smtp problem.  I didn't create a message id for my header.  Now
I'm not getting my messages dropped.  On another note I still have one annoying
glitch left in my email app.  The '='s that are put at the end of lines in the
html portions of certain emails.  I'll give an example:

.BACKGROUND-POSITION: left top; MARGIN-TOP: 0em; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; =

FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0em; MARGIN-LEFT: 4em; COLOR: #427d64; =

BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-y; FONT-FAMILY: "Arial"; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =

#fffffd

I used Ethereal to capture what outlook was doing on outgoing emails, I've
noticed AOL does this as well.  I have tried things like:
mail.append(j.rstrip())
inMail = email.message_from_string('\r\n'.join(mail))  (Thanks for showing me
that) with mail.append running in a for loop I have going through my message
and the message from string bit at the end.  I've tried variations of this
adding '=' into the rstrip parameter deal which does seem to subtract the '=''s
but seems to miss some of them leaving me with html that displays wrong.