Python Newbie. Python on PPC, please assist.

pythonnewbie .
Tue Oct 12 13:51:22 EDT 2004

Thanks for the reply. I have been playing with Python etc on the desktop,
but it's useful on the PPC for trying things out while travelling. I can
learn on the bus etc then.!
I will certainly join the mailing list, and it'd be great if we could sort
out the problem there.
I won't be able to for about a week though, but I look forward to sorting it
out then.
Many thanks again!
news:2qudnV1KKuD7RfvcRVnyhg at pipex.net...
> > Hi All. I'm just starting to learn programming using Python. I am new to

> > programming so please be patient with me!
> > I found this for Pocket PC:
> > http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PocketPCPython/PPCPythonR2Notes
> > I tried installing it and for some reason it would not work. Having
> > installed it,  clicking on the program gives the error
"PocketPCPython.exe
> > or one of it's components cannot be found", even though I am directly
> > clicking on the exe, and even after much fiddling making sure all the
> files
> > are there.
> > I'm not a newbie as far as pda's go, so I'm a little confused as to why
> it's
> > not working.
> > What I really want to know though, is what it actually, does before I go
> > about spending time getting it working. I mean, is it a development
> > environment, like IDLE, or does it just install the Python libraries so
> you
> > can run Python programs on a PPC, or what? As I said, I am a complete
> > programming newbie so sorry if I'm talking rubbish.
> > I'd be really greatful if someone could tell me what the Python PPC
> program
> > is/does. Also if there are any other (better) programs for Python on
PPC.