Can wxWidgets/wxPython 2.4 and 2.5 co-exist on same PC?

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Fri Oct 8 13:52:18 EDT 2004

> I would like to be able to run Boa Constructor, which does not yet use 2.5,
> but I would also like to work with Dabo which does.
>
> Anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this?

I have historically just run two different versions of Python and
wxPython when I needed as much.

On Windows, you would just install them to different folders.

On *nix, if you compile it yourself, in the sequence:
./configure
make
make install

you can use 'make altinstall' instead of 'make install', or even alter
the PREFIX variable in the Makefile between 'make' and 'make install'.

 - Josiah