XML Library from "XML Processing with Python"

Will Ganz wganz at texoma.net
Sun Oct 3 21:38:14 EDT 2004

The book "XML Processing with Python" comes with a companion CD that has
several programs on it for Python 1.5.2.  I have ActivePython 2.2.1
installed on a W2K machine. Is installing "xmln.exe", "xmlv.exe", "Mark
Hammond's Win32 extensions", and "Python XML library from XML-SIG" a GOOD
THING? Or will I thoroughly hose my Python 2.2.1 install?

I am just converting over from that other "P" scripting language and am
having to do a crash course on how to handle XML. Is this book still a good
reference or is it too dated already? (I got it at the $4.99each discount
store so I didn't lose that much if it is already an antique).

Thanks,