key argument for max?

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:55:59 EDT 2004

Alex Martelli <aleaxit <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Steven Bethard <steven.bethard <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > If this seems like a good idea, maybe someone could point me in the
> > right direction and I could try to make a patch?  I've never looked at
> > the Python sources before, and it's been a long time since I've
> > written any C, but if it's not too hard...
>
> It's not too hard, but such a patch would not be accepted for Python
> 2.4, and it's a bit early to start making patches for 2.5, sigh.

Sorry, I was unclear here.  I did only intend this for 2.5 -- I usually figure
as soon as I've downloaded the beta, it's too late to consider any new
features. ;)  Obviously no patches for 2.5 will go in until after 2.4 is
released (when is this planned for?  end of the year?), but I'm not going
anywhere, so I figured I could work ahead a bit. =)

Steve