Executing python scripts

Shufen s4046441 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Oct 22 01:59:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

Can someone please advice me on the differences between this:
#!/usr/bin/env python and these: #!/usr/local/bin/python or
#!/usr/bin/python?

I know the first one locates the Python interpreter according to my
system searching path setting. But I read about an article that
mentioned that if we are running the scripts as a CGI from a Web
server then we should use the latter one. Because I'm using python
scripts as a CGI now and I'm currently using #!/usr/bin/env python
this and it seems fine to me, so I would like to know if there is any
difference.

Thank you for any help.

Shufen