Reimplenting Linux Kernel in Python

Caleb Hattingh caleb1 at telkomsa.net
Thu Oct 14 22:43:53 EDT 2004

That's a very sarcastic reply.

The question, really, is what the effect would be of writing an OS in a
HLL (particularly on speed of development, bug-fixes, and feature
addition).

I think that is worth asking.

Granted, as a minimum Python would need to compile to native machine code
(or interface with a really detailed native virtual machine) but I expect
(hope!) that is going to get done anyway.