locks

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Wed Oct 13 10:48:02 EDT 2004

> Have you looked at the Queue module?  It was explicitly designed for
> this sort of thing and removes all doubt about thread-safety.

Sure, and I use it when appropriate, as said in response to another post of
yours.

But so far in my expirience, explicit serialization of access to certain
data structures was only necessary when more complicated structural
modifications where under way - but the usual suspects, as appending to
lists, insertion of values in dicts and the like never needed this. And
that I wanted to point out.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch