speed up mp3

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Tue Oct 26 16:14:10 EDT 2004

Ivo Woltring wrote:
> Dear Pythoneers,
>
> I have a blind friend who listens a lot to audio books. A lot of the
> material available today is in mp3 format.
> For ages i have been looking for a mp3-player with speed control and haven't
> found any.

Really? For PC playback, on Windows at least there are plugins for WinAmp to do
this, and Windows Media Player (at least version 9 at later) support this out of
the box. For MP3 devices, I know for sure at least one model from Creative
supports the faster playback - I can find the specific model if you need.

-Dave