Error import PyWinTypes24.dll

Alain alain.marcel at svd-info.fr
Thu Oct 28 08:22:00 EDT 2004

Hi all !

I'm working on Windows XP, with Python24.
I've a trouble with PyWinTypes24.dll (python Windows extensions).
Trouble is not due to specific python version 24.

To distribute my applications, I don't want to put anything else
elsewhere (neither in Windows/System32 nor in registry).
So I deliver a folder (says HOME) that contains two mains folders
  - a folder Python24 that contains python distribution and
msvcr71.dll, python24.dll, PyWinTypes24.dll
  - a folder apps that contain a folder per python application

I start my python applications with such command :
HOME/Python24/Python HOME/apps/app1/run.py
Windows complains that it cannot found PyWinTypes24.dll.
If I copy PyWinTypes24.dll in each HOME/apps/appX folder, then it
works.
It's a solution but not very nice.
Is there a solution without duplicate PyWinTypes24.dll ?

Thanks,
Alain