String and quotation marks

M. Clift noone at here.com
Fri Oct 22 15:41:35 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm displaying some static text in wx.python. All is ok if I write the text
as so;

 self.label_1 = wx.StaticText(self, -1, " categggirlcow")

However I have the names as a string without quotes

        names = ['cat','egg','girl','cow']

# flatten names

        for i in names:
            h = map(None, ab[i])

            l1 = []
            for i in h:
                for j in list(i):
                    l1.append(j)
            x = "".join(l1)

            print x,
            # - gives of course cat egg girl cow

            printnames = " \"x\""  # -- I've tried this, but it doesn't work

            self.label_1 = wx.StaticText(self, -1, printnames)

Could someone show me how to get some quotes around the string so I can use
it for the static text?

Thanks,

Malcolm