PIL JPEG Windows Problem

Ann Anna at nospam.invalid
Fri Oct 29 14:54:04 EDT 2004

"Steve Holden" <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:6U5gd.19857$SW3.18915 at fed1read01...
> If nobody has a quick answer I'll go to the PIL list, but I'm having
> problems with PIL JPEG support on Windows, and figured someone on c.l.py
> might have solved this problem.
>
> I built the Cygwin PIL from source, and that works a treat.
> Unfortunately the Windows version (1.1.4 and 1.1.5b1) loaded using
> binary installers is giving

<snip>

I am a newbie, but I installed python about 2 months ago, from binaries
and added PIL maybe a month ago with no problems on Win XP Pro. I refuse
to compile anything.
The python log file has no 'jpg' or 'jpeg' files, but the
PIL log file has these two:
200 File Copy: C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\PIL\JpegImagePlugin.py
200 File Copy: C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\PIL\JpegImagePlugin.pyc
I do not have libjpeg.dll
HTH