Python Macros

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:55:25 EDT 2004

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:26:19 -0400, Arich Chanachai
<macrocosm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> How hard/easy is it to extend the Python syntax?  Perhaps there are
> macro facilities for this?  I'd like to add messages and message
> passing, for example.

Python doesn't support macros. This same question was raised before in
slightly different ways, and the historical answer seems to be that
macros are not in the plans, and that there are better ways to solve
problems than with macros. In fact, Python is *very* flexible, and
allows the clear expression of several interesting ideas and paradigms
without the need for macros. Could you share more information about
why do you think macros are the best solution for your problem?

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com