Is there a "Large Scale Python Software Design" ?

Jack Diederich jack at performancedrivers.com
Sat Oct 23 21:05:34 EDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 04:31:56PM +0000, Alan Gauld wrote:
> < 100Kloc  = small
> 100K-1Mloc = Medium
> > 1Mloc = large
>
> We try to keep the large projects to less than 10 at any one
> time...
>
> Staffing sizes are 1-6 on small projects
> 4-30 on medium and typically 30-500 on large ones
> (I'd guess most large projects are actually around 2-3 MLoc
> and have about 60-100 developers (inc dedicated testers).
>
> Our most common project size is 200-300K with about 10-20
> developers. (and the preferred methodology is DSDM) We probably
> have about 30-50 such projects running at any one time.

Holy such-and-such, how many developers do you have?  and
isn't it more like thirty+ companies under one roof?

I've mainly worked for dot-coms (and most of them startups)
but your coordination overhead must be just staggering.  I work/worked
for small companies because I prefer it, but whoa...

-Jack