Why can't I xor strings?

Byron DesertLinux at netscape.net
Fri Oct 8 18:00:27 EDT 2004

Hi DataAngel,

Welcome to the Python community!

 From reading your post, it sounds like you are wanting to use XOR
encryption because there are other ways to quickly and easily compare
strings to see if they are equal.

To compare a string, use the following:

	name = "Steven"
	name2 = "Steven"
	print name == name2

The result will be "True."  However, if my initial guess is correct that
you are wanting to use XOR for strings, it probably because you are
wanting a quick way of encrypting data so that basic users won't be able
to view the information.  If this is what you are wanting, I might have
something for you...

Let me know,

Byron
---