[ANN] Boo 0.4.3 - python-like language for .NET/Mono

Neuruss luismg at gmx.net
Wed Oct 13 15:04:54 EDT 2004

I've been playing with Booish a litle bit, but there are some things
that I don't understand very well, and unfortunately, there's little
documentation so far to read...

I wonder if you could explain with an example how the static typing
and the type inference work in Boo.
I'd like to know "where", "when" and "how" should I declare types and
when I shouldn't.

Also, I'm not sure what you guys understand for "type inference". I
used to think that it was a way to find out the types of the variables
without having to declare them, but since Boo is statically typed,
where does type inference fit in? How?