Suggestions for Python workshop

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 16:45:31 EDT 2004

Yaroslav wrote:

> Hi, I'm preparing a 2 hour workshop titled "Python for Scientific
> Computing", the goal of which is to introduce people to using Python
> for their Scientific Computing needs. If you have good examples that
> illustrate Python's power for scientific computing, please post them
> here.

These aren't code snippets but full talks, but we're definitely using python
for 'real' research:

http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/fperez/talks/04_03_ams_athens.pdf
http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/fperez/talks/04_09_scipy04_mwadap.pdf

Here you'll also find other talks from the recent scipy'04:

http://www.scipy.org/wikis/scipy04/ConferenceSchedule

As far as code examples, I imagine all of scipy's code could be used :)

best,

ps.  Where are you teaching this?  Just curious...