Eric3 3.5 crashes on file save

Gian Mario Tagliaretti g.tagliarettiNO at SPAMparafernalia.org
Sun Oct 24 04:31:50 EDT 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:

> Eric3, the PyQt IDE, seems to be buggy on Mac OS X. I'm running the
> latest versions of PyQt, Qt, SIP, QScintilla, etc., but the new version
> of Eric (3.5), which was just released this month, crashes whenever I
> try to save a file. The previous version, 3.4.2, seems more stable.
> Anyone else encounter crashes with the new version of Eric, whether it's
> on OS X or another system?

I'm using the new release on my gentoo box and everything works fine.
These are my installed versions:

[ebuild     U ] dev-python/qscintilla-1.61 [1.60]
[ebuild     U ] dev-python/PyQt-3.13 [3.12]
[ebuild     U ] dev-python/sip-4.1.1 [4.0.1]
[ebuild     U ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.3-r1 [3.3.3]
[ebuild   R   ] dev-util/eric-3.5.0

If you are not familiar with gentoo, the installed ones are the ones in the
square brackets, hope it helps.

cheers
GMario