OT: Ruby programmers use Python (was Re: ruby on rails ... python on ?)

flab ba flab at large.net
Sun Oct 31 13:43:39 EST 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:24:31 -0700, Josiah Carlson wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>> flab ba wrote:
>> > The pragmatic programmers (Dave & Andy) are spreading a good word about
>> > RubyOnRails. I was wondering if there are any Python programmers who are
>> > /also/ familiar with Rails - and if they could recommend something in the
>> > Python world that is comparable.
>>
>> I googled for that to learn about it.  Saw a note in the home page
>> of rubyonrails.org from Oct 11 about them having a new bug tracker
>> working!
>>
>> "Cool," sez I, a fan of issue trackers in general, "Let's see
>> what these Ruby guys have come up with for a bug tracker."
>>
>> It's Trac.
>
> You'll notice a project linked from the RubyOnRails site: Basecamp
> (www.basecamphq.com), which looks quite spiffy.
>
>  - Josiah

You're right - that web site does look quite spiffy. I was deciding on
Quixote for my web app framework, but even the author claims that it isn't
the right framework if you think a website is a graphics design problem.

I'm not a graphics designer, but I need more spiffyness than the MEMS web
site - which is done in Quixote.

-Alex